Beeswax wraps are a lovely alternative to using cling film or foil (which are pretty nasty for the planet) and a natural way to keep food fresh. Handmade by the The Beeswax Wrap Company from organic cotton fabric and bees wax – they’re re-usable, biodegradable and look totally fabulous!!
Each pack includes:
1 Small Beeswax Wrap – 20cm x 20cm
Preserve unused vegetable and fruit halves and seal jars.
1 Medium Beeswax Wrap – 30cm x 30cm
Perfect for wrapping sandwiches, cheese and covering leftovers.
How do Beeswax Wraps work?
Use the warmth of your hands to help mould the Beeswax Wrap over a piece of food, bowl, dish, etc. The Beeswax Wrap will hold its seal once it starts to cool down. The Beeswax Wrap allows your food to breath. It will keep your cheese, fruit, vegetables, bread, baked goods, herbs, fermented foods such as kombucha, kefir, rising doughs and anything else you want to use them for, nice and fresh! They are not recommend for use with pineapples or raw meat or fish.
How to care for your wrap:
• Wash with soap in cold water and hang to dry
• Refresh every few months with an iron (see how to video on YouTube here!)
• Do not use with hot food, make sure all food is cold before you use the wraps
• Wraps are not suitable for using in the microwave or oven
• Please note these wraps are flammable so keep away from naked flames
What are Beeswax Wraps made of?
Beeswax Wraps are made of organic GOTS certified cotton, UK beeswax, pine resin and organic jojoba oil.