The Seedball website is owned and operated by Project Maya CIC; Seedball is a trading name of Project Maya, an eco-social enterprise working to build a global network of conservation and sustainability reserves.
We are committed to using your personal information in accordance with applicable laws, and we will always endeavour to do this in a way that you would reasonably expect. The following policy outlines what personal information we may collect, why we may collect it and how it will be used.
You can contact us at any time with any privacy questions or concerns that you may have, or to update us on your contact details and preferences. Just drop us a line at: email@example.com.
What personal information do we collect and why do we collect it?
All the information we collect via this website or through correspondence with you is used for the operation of our service. Once your order has been dispatched to you, you will receive no further correspondence from Project Maya or Seedball in relation to your purchase with us, unless there are any problems with your order, or if you have any questions you’d like us to address.
We collect personal information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, and phone number for the following reasons:
- You make a purchase from our website,
- You sign up to the Seedball newsletter,
- If you contact us with a query or concern we will keep a record of the correspondence,
- If you use our website we may collect technical information such as the IP address of your computer.
We collect and use this information as:
- In the case of a transaction it is necessary for us to carry out the obligations to you as a customer, i.e. to recognise you as a registered customer, confirm the correct details are linked with your order, and ensure that you are happy with the service you receive,
- You have consented to the collection of this information for the purposes outlined in this policy,
How do we secure personal data?
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
However, you acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
All financial transactions that occur are undertaken on secure encrypted 3rd party sites.
Who do we share your information with?
We will never pass your details onto any other company.
We will only ever share your information if required to do so by law.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will retain your personal information for as long as required by law – the current required retention period for any personal information is seven years.
Your rights in relation to personal data
You have the right to:
- request access to your personal information,
- correct your personal information – this will occur within one month of the request,
- request deletion of your personal information – this will occur within one month of the request, unless we have reasonable grounds to refuse the deletion of personal information; for example, in instances where we are required to keep the information by law,
- unsubscribe from the Seedball newsletter or email correspondence at any time – this can be done by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email , or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linking to other websites / third party content
The Seedball website contains links to the websites of other organisations, we are not responsible for the content of these websites, so please ensure that you check their privacy policies carefully.