We love June – as it’s time to join in with the Wildlife Trust’s 30 Days Wild challenge. This month The Wildlife Trust challenge you to do one wild thing a day – 30 simple, fun and exciting Random Acts of Wildness.
Your Random Acts of Wildness can be big – like heading out to visit a reserve or small – like taking time to watch a bee. Taking time to connect with nature every day is pretty special and helps us to appreciate how remarkable it really is.
To help inspire you we have put together a list of 15 ideas for outdoor Random Acts of Wildness and 10 ideas that work for indoor rainy days 🙂
Here’s 15 ideas for outdoors:
- Go for a picnic with a view
- Head out to identify wildflowers
- Go for a walk in the woods
- Go wildlife spotting – here’s where to see wildlife in UK
- Go wild swimming
- Lay on the lawn amongst the daisies
- Go litter picking
- Put up some homes for nature – bird, bat, bee houses for example
- Make a pond
- Go camping
- Make a den in the woods
- Go barefoot in nature
- Listen to birdsong
- Go for a bug hunt
- Start early in the month and you can still plant wildflower seed balls. You could also pop in herb and salad seed balls and just let them flower!